Chef and bread fanatic Matthew James Duffy exploded on the sourdough scene with over 130K social media followers. After fifteen years of international industry experience, from specialty bakeries to Michelin starred restaurants, Matthew is following his baking passion as a baking professor at Centennial College with online courses and consulting.
Sourdough has taken Matthew to Freiburg, to work alongside a German master baker at Bäckerei Pfeifle and to King Arthur Flour to work with bread master Jeffrey Hamelman. San Francisco’s San Francisco Baking Institute and Chicago’s French Pastry School also made the list. Special mention goes to a recent experience attending the Coupe du Monde De La Boulangerie in Paris, France.
- Working alongside Chef Daniel Boulud at Café Boulud NYC and Sous chef opening Café Boulud Toronto
- Langdon Hall, Relais & Châteaux
- Michael Stadlander of Eigensinn Farm
- Neil Baxter of Rundles Restaurant
- Edward Tuson formerly of Sooke Harbour House, British Columbia
- Il Canto in Siena, Italy
- Ichiban Ueno Osaka, Japan
- Restaurant Noma Copenhagen, Denmark
- El Bohio Madrid, Spain
- Comerç 24 Barcelona, Spain.
- Represented Canada twice at the world Slow Food Conference in Turin, Italy.
- MAD Food camp in Copenhagen, Cook it Raw in Charleston
- The World Pizza and Bread Expo In Las Vegas
- University of Guelph in Hotel and Food Administration
- Stratford Chefs School
- Red Seal Certified Chef